Our mission is to serve the health care needs of our community by providing comprehensive care to prevent illness, relieve suffering, restore health and promote well being during each life stage. We will provide advanced procedures and modern technology, within our available resources, with a focus on caring, compassion and patient safety.
We will be the premier health care provider in the Nation, by building upon our strengths of personalized care, technologically advanced services and effective resource management.
St.Nicholas Hospital will achieve its Mission and Vision through the core values of:
Humble but strong start
“We will take care of you with dignity and compassion”
For nearly half a century (5 decades), St. Nicholas Hospital has been at the forefront of providing patient focused care and exceptional clinical services to the people of Nigeria from Lagos. We provide a broad range of services which cut across various medical fields the ultimate aim of which is to take care of you and support you and your family through what may be a distressing period.
We have led the way with many firsts. We were the first private hospital to open a dialysis and kidney transplant centre and we have since conducted over 150 transplants in our kidney transplant unit, which amounts to 80% of all transplants within Sub-Saharan Africa.
We were the first private hospital to run an Oncology clinic which focuses on all cancers and complex blood diseases in the adult population.
We have recently acquired the latest model of the C-arm Machine, an imaging scanner intensifier, so named because of its configuration. It is used for fluoroscopic imaging during orthopaedic procedures to see real time images and ensure direct visualization. In addition, our dialysis centre is one of the busiest and most affordable one in Lagos. Our Physicians are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, exemplified by our Specialist clinics and the innovative diagnostic technologies we have deployed over the years.
As a Centre for postgraduate training in family medicine accredited by the West African College of Physicians (WACP) and the National Postgraduate College of Nigeria (NPMCN). The quality of our services is enhanced through our integration with educational and research establishments.
Through the years
Facts about St. Nicholas Hospital
- Since we opened our doors, over 100,688 patients have entered our clinics and more than 5280 patients have been admitted in our hospitals.
- We have dialyzed over 3,724 patients since year 2000.
- We have performed over 300 successful kidney transplants.
- We were the first hospital in sub-Saharan Africa to do a kidney transplant on a child.
- Our first Open Heart Surgery was carried out in February 2019 and subsequently we have performed more surgeries for patients of all ages and varying complexities till date.
- We are the first privately owned hospital in Nigeria certified to offer practical internship to BNSc nurses.
- We are the first hospital in Nigeria to successfully carryout In Vitro Fertilization in year 1988.
Built for you
Built For You: We remain the Centre of choice for patient focused care. To improve accessibility, we have expanded over the years in and around the Lagos metropolis.We now have 3 other locations:
1. St. Nicholas Hospital Clinics, Victoria Island
2. St. Nicholas Hospital Clinics, Lekki Free Zone
3. St. Nicholas Hospital, Maryland
Years+ of Experience