- Diagnose patients using the correct equipment in determining and evaluating the extent and nature of kidney disorders or injuries.
- Use diathermy appliances, emanation tubes, cystoscopes, radium, catheters, and similar medical appliances where appropriate in the treatment of patients with kidney ailments.
- Perform dialysis or surgery on damaged kidneys and prescribe post-surgical maintenance medication.
- Perform kidney transplant surgery in serious cases while ensuring kidney donor compatibility and legal or ethical donor sourcing.
- Administer anti-rejection treatment to counteract infections or preclude rejection in kidney transplants.
- Refer patients suspected of tumorous kidney to relevant oncologists.
- Keep abreast with new developments in kidney surgical techniques and medication.
- Maintain and ensure that relevant patient records are properly updated and filed physically or in a computer database
- A doctor of medicine with a state license to practice as a doctor is essential.
- A post medical specialization in Nephrology is necessary/required/preferred
- The higher the experience in general patient care or cardiologic specialization is always preferred.
Salary package: Competitive
Applications should be addressed to:
|The Human Resources Manager |
St. Nicholas Hospital 57, Campbell Street, CMS, Lagos Island, Lagos.
|Or Submit CV and Application through email at:|
(Email title: Chief Nephrologist Officer Position) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.