- What information do we collect about you?
The personal data that we collect, and process may include:
- Basic information such as name, date of birth, employer, title, age, relationship affiliations with a person or organization, next of Kin, height, weight, temperature
- Contact information such as a physical address, email address, fax and telephone;
- Details of your treatment and care;
- Notes and reports about your health;
- Technical information (including your IP address): Information obtained from a visit to our website;
- Payment details;
- Confidential information generated by us in the course of providing our services;
- Details relating to your visits to our hospital; and/or
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
- How we protect your personal Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information and implementing appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect it against any unauthorized or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction or damage. For our Patients, in order to provide this service and to provide ongoing care after discharge, whether to home, another hospital, or into the care of social services, we need to be able to process and share your data appropriately.
- How we use your Personal information
We will only use your personal information if and to the extent that applicable law allows.
- Provision of medical services: we use relevant personal information described above in order to provide you with the requisite medical services.
- Ability to proceed with an offer on our products or covers: We will process your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests in determining your ability to proceed with a transaction or agreement so that we have an informed choice should there be an offer. This also has the potential to speed up any subsequent transaction.
- To engage with you in relation to our products and services: we will use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us. We will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of the contract with us.
- To do all things necessary to comply with our customers’ instructions and our legal obligations to our customers and in compliance with privacy legislations such as NDPR 2019.
We will therefore only process your personal information if:
- You have given your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary) to share your information with us; or
- If we have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. Please note that you may withdraw your consent at any time, you may so wish.
- If you fail to provide personal data?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide the necessary medical services or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes the personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- or give us feedback or contact us.
Irrespective of how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all our offices, and other healthcare providers, external medical consultants as the need arises. All our hospital branches will always ensure at least a standard level of data protection is always in place. Where we share your personal data with third parties, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its protection.
We would like to send you information about our products and services, and special offers which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call. We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes. If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
- Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of complying with any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are authorized or required by applicable law and by our professional obligations, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you. Except as provided above, we will not use your data for any automated decision making or any profiling. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for a specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Opting out
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time].
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of [a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions].
This policy explains what cookies are and how they are used on SNH websites and applications. We encourage you to read the policy in full so that you understand what information we collect using cookies.
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a simple ‘text file’ which typically contains two pieces of information: a site name and a unique user identifier using your Internet Protocol (IP) address, placed onto your device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website. If you agree, we will store these cookies on your browser or hard drive when you visit our website. We use the following four types of cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to make our website work. Without these cookies, our website cannot operate effectively – Examples are; ‘Book an appointment’ and ‘Make an Offer’.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your website experience. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you, instead they aggregate masses of data to provide information about how our website is performing.
When you are browsing these cookies remember your preferences and help improve your website experience. These include things like remembering your browsing and language preferences or your chosen image size, meaning we can serve you the best possible experience each time you visit our site.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to deliver advertisements which are more relevant to you. For example, location information, products and services status.
By using our website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future. You can delete any cookies that are already on your device through your browser and opt-out of targeted advertising cookies.
To make full use of your online experience, your computer or device will need to accept cookies. If cookies are not enabled on your computer or device you will be unable to log in, request a valuation, book viewings, or receive an experience personalized to you.
You can enable, disable and delete cookies through your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, our website may not operate correctly, and you may not be able to access secure areas of our website. If you choose to delete your cookies, you may have to update your preferences with us again and the experience you receive upon returning to our site for the first time may be slightly degraded until our cookies update with your preferences again.
- Other websites
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org